Riverbend Cave Explorer Tour (easiest but not necessarily easy)
Challenge Rating ✦✦✧✧✧
- ages 5+ only (age requirement not an age recommendation)
- approx. 1 hr. 45 min. duration (1hr in the cave)
- good footwear and long clothing recommended – No flip-flops or crocs
- cave temperature is 8 degrees Celsius (46 deg. F)
- Includes a moderately strenuous UPHILL hike for 1km to reach the cave entrance. The surface trail has an average grade of 15 degrees and is broken up by 7 informative stops for brief rest periods.
- There are steep metal stairs into the entrance of Riverbend Cave, then it is WILD Terrain with no walk ways, hand railings or lamps lining the walls.
- Explorers must travel over loose and sometimes slippery rocks
- Travelling through cave requires being agile enough to bend over and use rocks at knee height for balance. Should be able to walk in a crouched position.
- tours usually include a short “lights-out” session
- return to Visitor Centre via another steep downhill surface trail.
- no backpacks allowed in cave
- please arrive 30 min. early to gear-up and sign Liability Waivers